Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Plight of the Mega-Artist

Oh please. I can't believe that we spent an entire class period on this "plight". Wah wah wah, cry me a river. What? You, as a Super Star, have too much money? Too much fame? Too much recognition? Well if it's enough, then stop doing what you are doing. Go away. Go into hiding. Surely you have enough money that you can afford to be anonymous - if you really want to, that is.

The thing is, I don't think you want the anonymity. I don't think that you really want to go away. I think you are addicted to your fame, deserved or not, and now you truly cannot get enough of it. You are so persecuted. You are so pursued. The press won't leave you alone. Why don't you try this: Try farting every time you are interviewed - tv, radio, internet, or old fashioned newspaper and magazine interviews, just try farting. It would be best to do the SBD's - silent but deadly. My ex-husband was a pro at those. I am sure you can put together just the right combination of food and drink to time the release of your natural gases with an interviewer asking, "So what is next for you, SuperStar? What can you possibly tackle next that will turn to gold?"

I just have to say this to you, SuperStar: lead, follow, or get out of the way. Don't stand at the front of the line and complain, you big, whiny baby. In Wanda's infinite wisdom, "Shut Up and Like It or Get Out" Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment